Met with my art group today to talk about Chapter 1: Section 1-4, pg. 1-12.
THINK - At first I was surprised that the potato was not as hot as I thought it would be; the exercise was much easier than I thought
FEEL - It put me in a strong sense of nowness; was just starting to get into it when I was interrupted by the apartment owner.
A deconstructed hospital gown has been re-sutured back together again. There is a portrait of Aesclipus painted on the front. Perhaps the sutures are also featured on the front by replicating the constellation.
3) Act: Holding
I did not complete this exercise.
4) Baby steps - Write one sentence, look at blog of paint, just picture one scene, etc.
Friday - symmetrical white kitchen, white shirts for Dad and Lawrence, Dad places blood hand on shoulder and blood runs down, both take off shirts, boy kisses Dad when he straddles, both take off pants
Saturday - pictured the actor that would play Lawrence and downloaded many pics of Asa Butterfield
Sunday - all white kitchen, white tablecloth, actors in white
Lawrence and Dad wear the same thing. Long-sleeve white shirt with slick black hair. Armbands? Dad wears class ring...perhaps the boy wears it when spilling milk? Bright overhead light shining a spotlight directly down.
When boy puts his hand on Dad’s shoulder, one notices that the boy also has a bite mark on his hand.
He pushes Dad onto the floor and straddles him, kisses him, looks for knife. He picks up the knife and holds in palm(?) Perhaps the boy looks and stares at the knife and it begins to shake. Or film backwards and knife flies into his hand.
Overhead CU shot of Dad and milk begins to form a puddle around his head.
Monday - Thursday: did not complete
Friday: Instead of walking to a van, Lawrence walks down hallway to a door. He opens the door and walks down to the basement where Dad is standing.
Basement: subconscious, taboos, hidden, hell, lust
Kitchen: nourishment, mother, feminine, love
Saturday - Dad digs in the basement floor dirt to find a plate of food.
Sunday - When Lawrence straddles Dad, he grabs Dad’s blood hand and places it on his chest. Dad’s hand lowers out of frame, smearing dirt and blood down the boy’s body. A medium CU of Dad’s head reveals a puddle of milk forming around his head.
Goals for last week:
- Pour one more casting - cast one using the last of Hydrocal and Ultracal mixed
- Paint one casting black - decided to wait until I have built up a texture
- Test crackle medium - applied a surface coating first and then a thick application of the medium
- Make box for prescription pill and create retaining wall - did not complete
- Add three projects to website - I added eight projects to website
- Layout three projects for printing (body positioners, gold trocar, painted hospital gown, mourning handkerchief) - I laid out two projects for printing
- Buy fasteners and pins for armband - Bought two different sizes of pins and eye and hooks size no. 3
- Work on film breakdown for 20 minutes - Instead of working on the film breakdown, I started a website where I can keep track of all of my “to do’s” and inspirations.
- Review AOM - did not complete
- Check Sculpture magazine re: online resources for 10 minutes - Looked at AIR’s and Call for Art sections. Added a few to favorites list.
- Work on art binders for 15 minutes - Worked on art binders for 1 hour and then another evening for 40 minutes
Goals for next week:
- spend 20 min. on AIR application
- research storyboarding for 15 minutes
- make hair flowers for 10 minutes
- email Andy re: storyboarding
- mock up armband
- work on art binders for 15 minutes